Any business undertaken, including any advice or information given or service provided by HFLS is transacted subject to the conditions set out below and each condition shall be deemed to be incorporated in and be a condition of any agreement between HFLS and its clients.
In these conditions of trading, HFLS means and includes the company staff, interpreters and translators. Client means any person affiliated to or entered into a service level agreement with HFLS.
No person(s) employed by or working on behalf of HFLS have any authority to vary or alter these conditions in any way, unless previously authorized to do so in writing.
- No person(s) employed by or working on behalf of HFLS may request clients to sign any document unless the client has booked the service through HFLS and the service has been authorized by HFLS
- All offers and quotations by HFLS for its services are given on the basis of prompt acceptance by the customer and shall only remain for acceptance for the period of 7 days unless revoked, withdrawn or verified by HFLS prior to such acceptance.
- Invoicing are dealt with directly by HFLS Finance Officer, not by individual interpreter.
- Invoices are issued within 30 days of assignment and payable within 14 days of issue(the date on the invoice)
- HFLS will receive directly from your accounts department or by direct bank transfer or by cheque, prompt settlement(within 14 days) of outstanding sums overdue for payment.
- All agreements between HFLS and its customers shall be governed by English Law and be within exclusive jurisdiction of English courts.
- Registration is required for use ofHFLS services. Once registered you will allocated a unique customer code, which you should use when booking an interpreter.
- The HFLS services can be booked between 08:30 to 17:30 Monday to Friday by email or online. A 48-hours advance booking period is recommended, however, HFLS is able to meet last minute bookings for more common languages. Bookings can be made for assignments taking place outside office hours.
- Services offered include:- face-to-face interpreting; translation of written material from and into English: telephone interpreting(From Jan 2017); British Sign Language; Bi-Lingual advocacy. Interpreters are booked for 1-hour for each interview. A duration may be shorter or longer. At the end of each booking, the finish time should always be inserted on interpreter time sheet, which must be signed by interviewing officer.
- Interpreter should not be approached directly, neither should their contact details be requested, as this is in breach of HFLS interpreter conditions of engagement, is in contravention of HFLS data protection policy and can lead to double booking and invoicing errors.